ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. We are a recreational league with fair play and friendly competition as our main goals.
2. As members of this league, we conduct ourselves with dignity at all times.
3. Verbal or physical abuse towards another player, official, or any league member, on or off the pitch, will not be tolerated.
4. I am aware of the Brantford Over 35 Soccer League Constitution, Code of Conduct, and Rules and Regulations and agree to abide by them and to be bound by them.
5. As a member of this league I understand and respect the League Mandate and Mission Statement as outlined in Article 2 of the Constitution and will conduct myself with dignity, good sportsmanship and fair/mindful play.
6. I understand that the player registration fee paid is a one (1) season membership which expires after the final game of the current season.
By checking the box below below you agree that you are the player being registered and to be bound by the above terms and conditions.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
1. This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the programs, activities and events of the Brantford Over 35 Soccer League, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms.
2. The Brantford Over 35 Soccer League, executive committee, members, volunteers, officials, sponsors, owners/operators of facilities, and representatives (the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any program, activity or event, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
Description of Risks
3. In consideration of my participation as a Participant in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to soccer. The risks and hazards of soccer include, but are not limited to injuries from:
• Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in soccer;
• Dry land training including weights, running, and massage;
• Grass, turf and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
• Falls to the ground due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces;
• Collisions with walls and soccer equipment;
• Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
• Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
• Extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
• Contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
• Vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
• Exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
• Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
4. Furthermore, I am aware:
• That injuries sustained in soccer can be severe;
• That I may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact;
• That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities;
• That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules adopted during training; and
• That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
Release of Liability
5. In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate as a Participant, I agree:
a) To assume all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my participation;
b) To be solely responsible for any injury, loss or damage that I might sustain while participating; and
c) To release the Organization from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of my participating, even though such risks, injuries, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions or costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Organization.
Executing this agreement will not preclude you from accident insurance coverage, subject to the terms and conditions of the Brantford Over 35 Soccer League insurance policy.
By clicking below you agree that you are the player being registered and to be bound by this Legal Agreement even if you have not read this agreement.